Wednesday, September 2, 2009

-Isms

Scott and Blaise both still say the funniest things. Here are a few quick phrases from the past few days...

Blaise in response to whatever it is you ask him to do mostly, well, he still says no a lot too, but it's cute when he says- "OK." (And you have to read it in his man-voice.)

Blaise when you answer a question or tell him something that he understands- "Oh" (Again, it has to be read in his man-voice.)

Blaise when he's getting into something... for example, yesterday he had pushed a chair from the table to the counter where he had picked up a bag of cookies and was about to open the bag and eat one (nevermind that the bag was the cookies we had set aside for Scott and Blaise, so we wouldn't, um, accidentally? eat them all.) I saw him and asked what he was doing and he replied, complete with his notorious grin- "I'm just getting a cookie from the bag. That is all." Major emphasis on the last 3 words there. He has used this phrase probably 20 times in the past 3 days, to downplay whatever it is he is getting into.

Scott for the past few months has been telling me, "Nothing," when I ask what he's doing and it's something he shouldn't be doing. Today it got better... as he and Blaise were both going through the CD's, which naturally they aren't allowed to play with, while I was nursing Michael, I asekd what they were doing... his response, "We're not doing anything anymore." I asked what he had been doing, "Nothing."

"That is all."

No comments: