Thursday, January 26, 2006

Last Day at Duke

The end is in sight... very close sight. I'm actually just waiting for my supervisor to get out of a meeting to sign something. Then I'll be meeting with HR and turning in my badge to security and leaving Catawba forever. I wonder what next week will be like. I signed up to bring a dish for Wednesday night dinner at church, since I'll be home rather than racing from work to home to let Patience out and feed her and back to church.

We are about ready for Leapfrog to get here too. Ready- can you ever really be ready for a new baby? At any rate, the carseat is in the van, the hospital bags are packed, and the anticipation is building. (Hm, guess I still need to type up instructions for the doggy sitter, but at least if I forget I can just call them or have Cullen call them and fill them in.)

Cullen is still busy at work. Looks like there might be a conference in Charleston that we'll all be able to travel with him for in April. He's working hard trying to keep all his work organized enough for his coworkers to be able to pick it up when he's out for a week starting any day now.

Earlier this month we enjoyed a visit from Jessica, while she was job-hunting. Or maybe job-thinking is a better way to describe. She is in our prayers now as she tries to figure out where to go from here after graduating in December. During her stay, she did note several times how annoying it is that we don't have internet at our house. I'm sure job-hunting would be somewhat easier if we did have internet, but I'm glad we don't have such ready access to the www from home. Now to see if I can keep saying that next week. It will be interesting to note if my posts get more frequent or less frequent as I am forced to go to the library to use the internet and as I start my new job as a SAHM.

Onward to outprocessing world...

No comments: