Well this past week was a bit tough on Patience... and me I suppose. Patience had another vestibular episode on Thursday morning. It was rather scary for me and of course required a lot of energy and time from me. (She had a vestibular thing last April- it's almost like a seizure, because she doesn't know up from down and flails herself all over the place but can't stand up or anything like that.) Anyway, she was like that when we (or I should say Cullen) got up on Thursday morning. He put her in the kitchen and I got up of course. We decided to wait it out (since they really couldn't do anything for her at the emergency clinic last year other than administer IV fluids.) We left her in the kitchen with the lights out and Scott and I stayed at the other end of the house for a few hours. By 9am the vestibular thing had passed. She messed herself and was still having a hard time with standing up and walking... but it all got progressively better through out the afternoon and by the time Cullen got home from work she was her same old self. Thankfully. For a while I was worried it was the end- even called Mike to find out what the best (and least expensive) options are for when that time comes. Ah the excitement.
Scott is doing great. Still growing amazingly fast, though no doctors visit for the official weight gain for another couple of weeks. He's starting to get himself into something of a routine, so that is nice. On Friday I got to clean the house- well part of it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to clean the other part of it :) I could have done it today, but he's napping at the library instead of in his crib. On Saturday we took him to his first baseball game - Go Jackets! We watched one of the youth from church play in his first JV game for Fort Mill High. It was fun. I enjoyed the game and the time out of the house talking with friends and just hanging out. Scott got a little pink from the sun, but since he was covered well and shaded he didn't get nearly as pink as his daddy. Maybe next time Cullen will remember to wear a baseball cap like I did... I didn't get pink :) On Sunday we returned to our Sunday evening small group. It was very good to be back. Abby was absolutely facinated by Scott, it was really cute. She's 3 and soon to be a big sister herself, so it was fun to watch.
This week it turns out that Cullen will be out of town for 2 nights, Wednesday and Thursday- getting home late on Friday night. I am very thankful that Grandma and Grandpa will be here. Though I guess I have to start calling them Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa... or not... we'll see. I'm wondering if they will be willing to stay in the church nursery with Scott on Wednesday night so I can go to the women's bible study. (We're planning to start leaving Scott in the nursery after he's a month old, but for now we'd rather avoid the germs and just hang onto him ourselves.)
Guess that's all the news from our world. It's getting later in the afternoon than I anticipated, because I actually had to wait for a computer today... so we'd better get going on our other errands before Scott gets hungry again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment