Friday, June 8, 2007

Baby Acne

Blaise has baby acne really bad. It's basically all over his head and on his shoulders and chest as well. Poor kid. Completely harmless of course, but it looks so uncomfortable.

Speaking of uncomfortable, he got a shot at his 1 month check-up on Thursday... he did NOT like it. I know, no one likes shots, but Scott never screamed quite like this. Scott usually tenses on the first shot and doesn't cry or really protest until the second shot. For example, at his 15 month check-up a couple of weeks ago, Scott only had to get one shot and he didn't cry at all. The nurse stuck him, I put him down from the table and he climbed into the stroller content as could be. Now, Blaise, on Thursday, the instant the needle touched his leg he starts kicking, turns bright red and screams like he's dying. It probably took me close to 5 minutes to get him to calm down enough to leave the office. I guess he's going to be like his Daddy, who also hates getting shots. (I can't say I love them, but I really don't care. I give blood and the needle is much bigger for that.)

Anyway... Blaise's 1 month stats are 9lbs 8oz, 21 1/4 inches. I really thought he was longer than that... and maybe he is. Measuring the length of babies is not exactly a precise science.

No comments: