Scott and Blaise are out on the porch playing firemen. They are riding around in their firetruck, blowing whistles they got from a friend this morning, and telling us how they are putting out ten fires on our house. This is a step up actually... a couple of weeks ago they kept driving to the animal shelter in the firetruck.
It's fun to watch them playing pretend... but interesting to try and figure out where they come up with these things. The animal shelter thing I think came from a Curious George book. They've finally figured out the firetruck and Scott at least, has become interested in firefighter's and putting out fires, because last week the firetruck came to storytime at the library (we also brought home a few library books about firefighter's.) The part I can't figure out is why they think a firemen would use a whistle to put out a fire? I'm trying to remember if there was something in a book somewhere about firemen having whistles. It's usually something from a book, being as Scott loves to read so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment