Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cookie

Lately Scott has been giving out nicknames. He calls Grandma "Marshmallow," and himself, "Cookie." Blaise is also "Cookie." Suddenly Cullen and I found ourselves being called "Peanut." Oh, and Michael is "Peanut" too. Then when he was talking to Grandpa they added, "Cheerio" to the list of names, so that's Grandpa. At Jesus' birthday party he called one of his friend "Cookie" and I had to reassure the little guy that that was a good thing.

This morning as we were eating breakfast I was talking to Michael and called him something silly (I forget what) and Scott said, "No. He's Peanut." This whole conversation reminded me of when I was little. Jessica was "Peanut" and I was always quite jealous of her for having a fun nickname. I think officially my nickname was Dingbat and Mike was Wingnut (though really Mike was Mikey Boy.)

We have a few fun names we use for our little Michael on occasion. I started out calling him "boo." It happened because I often play peek-a-boo with him during diaper changes (even from the first week)- he's just so happy and sweet during diaper changes. Being Disney fans, "Boo" doesn't really work for a nickname for a little boy. Cullen was quick to point out that "Boo" is a girl. My opinion on that one- whatever, "Boo" is a very neutral nickname. Anyway, "Boo" has evolved into "Bug-a-boo." And I also call him "Buck-a-roo" occasionally... I guess I have a thing for the "oo" sound? From the beginning (beginning being the day we decided we would name our next son Michael) we were set on avoiding Mikey Boy as a nickname, though we do catch ourselves calling him Michael Boy sometimes... it just slips out, you know we have Scotty Boy, and then it happened that we also have Blaisey Boy (okay, that one is just a little odd, but we do use it.) It is also our intention to avoid Mike... we know it's inevitable, but we don't have to call him that. It will be fun to see what we're calling him a couple of years from now. Anyway, here's a picture of Peanut. This was actually before Christmas, he was helping me with laundry... originally he was sitting up in the corner of the basket talking to me, but he was playing and managed to wiggle into the bottom.


Scott and Blaise started out with many nicknames too... I know I've posted about it before and maybe I'll find the post and link it (but realistically, probably not.) The ones that have stuck for Scott are Scotty Boy, and his Grandma calls him Charlie Brown (and sometimes just Charlie.) The ones that have stuck for Blaise are B and we do call him Blaisey Boy sometimes. Buddy and Dude (with the prefix little or big) are used interchangeably for all 3 of them. Here the the 2 big dudes.

Now on to try and post at least some of our December adventures... we'll see how far I get.

No comments: