Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I figured it was time to add a few videos again, so here goes. Michael is on the move on 2 legs now. Well... he's not really moving to walking exclusively yet, crawling is still much faster. He took 3 steps at the pool on Friday. On Saturday he was playing quietly behind me and I turned around to check on him and witnessed 5 steps across the living room (he didn't see me watching him.) He's been taking 2 or 3 steps more frequently since then and I expect he'll take off by the end of the week. Of course, the little man knows what a camera is and there's virtually no chance of catching any walking with one of those yet. However, he's also quite the proficient climber. Already capable of climbing onto the slide on the back porch, the top of the kids plastic picnic table, the couch (and safely back off)... and I got him mastering the old beach chair on video. Sorry, it's mostly of his backside :)



In other Michael news, he also likes to feed himself with a spoon now. He still needs quite a lot of practice with this new skill.



Scott and Blaise are still keeping busy entertaining me too. Blaise constantly says the most amusing things. 2 examples...

#1- While getting ready for bed a few weeks ago, Cullen had "encouraged" him to hurry up with an exasperated, "Come on, Blaise, get your pajamas on." Blaise looks over at me, dressing Michael, and says, "I'm coming on, because Daddy told me to come on."

#2- After dinner tonight, the boys are all playing in the living room, while I was putting things away. Blaise says to Scott, "Scott, let's do that thing where we hug each other and make us dead." Scott responds, "Okay." And for those that are wondering... here's the video of that thing.



We had our ultrasound yesterday... I guess you could say it went well. It's a baby! What we could see of the baby was perfect and actually measuring a few days ahead (we are 19 weeks now.) The parts of the ultrasound that didn't go so well... oh, the screaming 11 month old big brother who would have rather been actually taking his morning nap, and also the uncooperative baby who was basically folded in half with both legs and both arms up over his head... we have to return for a follow-up in 4 weeks, since they couldn't see everything they needed to see. This is our 3rd uncooperative baby in utero, for the record. (Anyone local want to keep the big brothers for the next one?)

For those that want to play the guessing game with us I started a new game at www.expectnet.com called "chipmunkkeen" Yes... this baby's nickname is chipmunk, as in Chip & Dale and we even have authentic Disney World Chipmunks for the baby's first stuffed toy (since we decided to start trying for this one in Disney World.)

No comments: