Monday, July 19, 2010
Walking
There you have it. This little man is on the move on 2 legs on a regular basis now. He took his first steps back around June 25th at Uncle Mike's pool. He's been looking for windows of opportunity between the chaos created by his 2 big brothers to practice. He'd hit 8 steps by the end of the 4th of July weekend. Apparently on Saturday, he decided to overcome the chaos and walk anyway. I came home from a book fair on Saturday to a Michael who favors walking over crawling and I've seen him walk across rooms and even (repeatedly) attempt to walk over our somewhat bulky transition strips.
The Saturday book fair was wonderful. I went with a friend and I found everything I was looking for. The plan is to start a somewhat structured homeschool with Scott and Blaise in August, so I can experiment and practice with the daily log requirement before we actually have to report to anyone. We are all excited about it and intend to have fun with it.
We officially have 2 cars that will seat our whole family after the baby comes in November. We bought a new Mazda 5 on Friday. Scott got to go test drive it with Cullen the weekend before that, so that was a really special thing for them.
Blaise has promoted himself from the kid-sized potty seat to the regular seat.
I have the opportunity this month to teach swimming lessons at a friends pool. My class of preschoolers includes my big boys and we are all having a blast... and learning that God controls the weather. We can pray and ask God to give us good weather... and sometimes he says "Yes," but sometimes he says, "No." So far, 2 out of 4 days have been postponed due to thunder and lightening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment