Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Day of School!


Scott officially started kindergarten on Monday. He is quite excited... still deciding on a name for our school, so far we think it should include the word Keen, I'd love to have Adventure in there somewhere (like the name of this blog) and Scott has demanded that the word school be in it as well... which effectively eliminates Cullen's suggestion of Keen Institute and my tendency towards Keen Academy. Ideas?

Blaise started K-4, which means I have a very simple math program from Singapore that I loved doing with Scott last year and I'm planning on starting to teach him to read, however slow it ends up going doesn't matter, he's only 4. He was thrilled to inform Daddy when he arrived home on Monday night that he gets to do school now too!!!!

We're off to a good start. I've changed our daily routine, most notably to not include the computer at all until after lunch, it's helped tremendously with MY focus. I really wish I could function without a computer, it would save me hours every day. I don't understand why it is such a distraction for me to stare at a computer screen... catching up on other people's blogs, browsing facebook, and just reading whatever there is to read... oh and sometimes finding some logic puzzles to zone out.

Michael is kind of stuck in the in between... he doesn't understand why Scott and Blaise are getting so much of my attention and wants to be involved, but doesn't have the attention span to necessarily sit with us. He's getting used to our new routine though... I give him a coloring book, a puzzle or something to do close to us and try to include him. Of course, he misses his best buddy Daniel, who naps during school time... see they like to play together :)



Daniel, doesn't know what's going on, because he's asleep for the whole process... which takes about an hour during his morning nap and about an hour during his afternoon nap. But he's making strides of his own... crawling fast, cruising some, putting EVERYTHING in his mouth- see lint, put lint in mouth, see tiny piece of leaf, put tiny piece of leaf in mouth, gag, etc... I think he's cutting some more teeth, at least I'm hoping that's why he's been fussier than usual lately. Although, even fussy, he's still a smiley baby and mostly happy.



I have almost the same video somewhere of Blaise at about this age pushing a laundry basket across the living room floor. They grow up too fast.

No comments: