Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Silly Outburst

I thought this was amusing... after I said it.  Yesterday, as Scott was doing some schoolwork and all 3 of his brothers were napping, I was picking up puzzles that Michael and Daniel had spread all over the dining room.  As I stacked them all back in the puzzle shelf, I looked at them and said, "We really can't have a girl."  Scott was completely bewildered by my comment.  He really wants a sister.  I explained to him my train of thought... we have this nice, very full, collection of baby puzzles and if we had a girl, I know many people would think we need to have at least one or two girl puzzles.  Where on earth would we put them?  If we have a girl, she'll just have to do the farm, shapes, jungle, fish, etc... puzzles.

There you have it, if we have a girl, no puzzles.  No pink Duplos.  No pink blocks.  We already have kitchen/cooking toys and plenty of Little People.  All we'll need is clothing and a doll.  I'd appreciate it if we could at least mostly avoid pink in the clothing area too... keep in mind, it's me who will be doing the dressing most of the time, so stick to purple and girly greens, yellows, and blues.  For the record, my current feeling is boy anyway, though I've been known to change back and forth until about a week before the baby actually arrives.

Go ahead... laugh at how ridiculous these thoughts are.  The important thing right now- I can feel this sweet little one swimming around and having hiccups already.  Not often, and not hard, but I can feel the little bumps :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Well, you better look out if you have a girl because I know several people who are planning on buying you the frilliest girl clothes ever-and I'm sure they'd be PINK! :)