Monday, February 6, 2006

The Waiting Game

I'm back at the library. No baby news yet. Cullen and I enjoyed the SuperBowl with some friends last night... so now we are both tired today. I'm not sure why I'm tired, besides the whole baby thing though, since I slept really late this morning. I made my usual SuperBowl cake. But, I tried something a little bit different this year. I'm not eating chocolate, so I left off the chocolate frosting and Cullen helped me attempt to make brown buttercream frosting. Okay, so the football cake was an interesting slightly brownish shade of gray. It tasted great and is almost gone already.

I've decided this morning that it's a strange feeling to be sitting around waiting for a baby to arrive. I have plenty to do to occupy myself, so it's not a problem and I'm not complaining yet... but it is a weird feeling. I wonder when this little person is going to get here.

In other news... Cullen installed the new fan in the bathroom over the weekend and put up some of the towel racks. That bathroom project will get finished someday.

And Patience is going to be 15 years old on Wednesday! That's 105 in dog years. Wow. Can't say I ever expected, when I got her nearly 15 years ago, that she would live this long. I'm glad though. There's something nice about having a "guard dog" sleeping fairly close to you all day long. I was visited by some people from a religious cult like the Jehovah's Witnesses this morning and Patience was laying by the front door. She so wanted to go outside and smell them. Cullen suggested I have her sneeze on them and then they might go away faster :)

Happy Monday. Hopefully we'll have some baby news soon!

1 comment:

Ma said...

Thinking about you today? I hope you are resting and eating plenty of food rich in calcium. Love you.